Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 28, 2012 - Writing Wednesday

Every time I turn around it seems we're back to Wednesday again! I wish it would be like that for Fridays, but oh well! Today is Hump Day, Writing Wednesday, and a beautiful one at that! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the brief cold spell we've had over the past 48 hours or so has seemingly passed. Oh, I love spring!



Madonna Mania

For any of you who read me regularly already know that Madonna has been coming up a lot in my pieces lately, and for good reason. We've all got our favorite musical acts and for me, Madonna is my all time favorite. I've been listening to her since I was about 18 years old and the story of my whole life since is told with a Madonna soundtrack playing in the background.

"M.D.N.A." was finally released this week and there's been plenty to talk about, so if you're a fan like me, then read on:

A new approach to promo for Ms. M

One of the most commonly held beliefs about Madge is that she's been able to stay on top of her game because she pays attention and knows how to change with the times. In the months leading up to "M.D.N.A.," I think Madonna learned something new about the music business in the year 2012 and she adapted to it. Here are some examples:

Madonna at the Top of Her Game in Promo Appearances for 'M.D.N.A.'

M.D.N.A. Mania begins with live Facebook chat with Madonna

Madge counting down to "M.D.N.A." with Facebook chat, live appearance in Miami

First Facebook, Now Twitter: Madonna takes to the Internet to promote M.D.N.A.

Madonna on Twitter

M.D.N.A. Track Reviews

After my first couple of listens, I decided to do something new. Instead of writing a track by track review piece for Yahoo or Gather, I decided to take a view of each track on "M.D.N.A.," one at a time here on John's World. So far I've covered the first five tracks:

Gimme All Your Luvin

Girl Gone Wild

Gang Bang

I'm Addicted

Turn Up the Radio

Stay tuned for the rest...

Music News

Here are some music headlines from the week from the musical acts I watch:

"The Wanted's" new EP track listing

"Girl Gone Wild" too racy for YouTube viewers

Christina Aguilera assures new album "is coming"

M.D.N.A. #1 with a Bullet!



Commentaries and Rants: Credit card Companies and Banks

A couple of weeks ago I had an upsetting experience with Citibank, one of my credit card holders. While looking over my credit card statements, I found that I was literally being robbed blind by a bank I've been dealing with for almost 25 years and through no fault of my own.

I took the opportunity to share the my expertise in the banking world to and what happened to show just how unfair things are these days for the average person. The whole story validates what the protesters in the Occupy Wall Street Movement have been talking about and I published both pieces in the hope that people become more aware of such issues and not be quiet about what's happening to us, the 99%.

Consumers Should Scrutinize Credit Card Statements to Protect Themselves

Banks and Credit Cards: A Case Study in Supporting Occupy Wall Street



Roller Coasters

Spring is upon us and soon amusement parks will be opening their gates for the 2012 season. Over in England and down in Tennessee, two parks have already opened and unveiled their newest and baddest coasters from this year's crop. Take a look at Dollywood's "Wild Eagle" and Thorpe Park's "Swarm":

Dollywood's new Wild Eagle Coaster - Take a front seat ride!

All New Pics and a POV Ride on the New "Swarm" Roller Coaster at Thorpe Park

GLAAD Media Awards

GLAAD is an organization that promotes the positive ways GLBT people are portrayed in the media and last Saturday they held their annual awards ceremony in New York City.

Image Sources:

Madonna Scrapbook

My Bank Tracker

CNBC




Love and Pride

No comments:

Post a Comment