Sunday, December 26, 2010

Crossroads, Part 4: Justifying My Decision


Yesterday was Christmas. I had my family over for dinner, along with my good friend Blanche. This Christmas was one I'd like to soon forget, for many reasons. It's been really hard for me to get into the spirit this year and a Christmas Eve breakup just quashed any hopes of really enjoying it.

Although I'd been downhearted going into Christmas Day dinner, I'm glad that I went through with it. Having loved ones around me and keeping busy was the perfect remedy for taking my mind off of things, but not entirely. Through wallowing in the sorrow of my breakup, I'd momentarily forgotten about the other big issue in my life: the decision, but during our after-dinner conversation, the subject came up and I suddenly found myself justifying it all over again.

Read on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment