Saturday, March 21, 2015

A New Adventure Awaits


Enjoying life is all about taking opportunities as they come, especially when it comes to travel.  I love to travel, and if I were a rich man, I would spend a lot more time seeing what I can of the world.  To this point in my life, I've been pretty fortunate to have had the opportunity to see and experience many different places.  I've traveled through three continents and seven countries, sunned on islands in the Caribbean, and traversed across more than twenty states, and there's always more to see.  Well, recently I've been offered an opportunity to see even more of the world, and I'm excited to say that in less than two weeks, I will be embarking on a 12-day trip through Europe.


   

Every year, the sophomore class of the school I work in goes on a trip to the Old World during spring break, and for the first time in 12 years, I've been asked to go as a chaperone.   We'll be visiting seven cities in four countries and after about three months of waiting, I'm finally starting to get excited.  


Our itinerary includes stops in Amsterdam, Paris, Lucerne, Switzerland, Venice, Florence and Rome. With the exception of the cities in Italy, I've never been to any of these places, so I know it's going to be an awesome adventure, especially combined with the fact that we'll be with a group of 41 kids. It's not the typical vacation I like to take, but it's going to be fun, that's for sure!  

 

Stay tuned for more travel adventures, stories and follies coming in April.  

No comments:

Post a Comment