Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Love the 90's Song of the Day - Killing Me Softly with His Song - The Fugees


Towards the middle of the decade, a hip hop trio with Haitian roots was formed and they called themselves the Fugees.  Lauryn Hill, Wyclef Jean and Pras Michael recorded only two albums in their time together and one of them, 1996's "The Score" brought them great success.  This was the second single from that album, and it's one of my all time favorites.

Of course, the song is a cover of Roberta Flack's 1973 smash, only with a little hip hop flavor thrown in for good measure and it worked.  The Fugee's "Killing Me Softly" hit number two on the charts and remains as a legacy of their short time together.  Enjoy and Happy Thursday!

 



Killing Me Softly With His Song - The Score



2 comments:

  1. Love this version of "Killing me Softly!"
    Thanks for sharing it - been awhile since I smiled (broken foot and all. Fell down the basement stairs last week!) The cast on my foot is 'killing me softly' LOL
    cheers, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I am sorry to hear that my friend! I'm glad you enjoyed the song and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete