Friday, October 11, 2013

Off for a weekend of fun

It's Friday night...the end of another long week.  But this weekend is special because it's Columbus Day Weekend and I've got three days off, and some plans to boot.

Me and Gary in P-town

Tonight is a P-town reunion of sorts.  Last Sunday was my pal Gary's birthday and about ten of us, all who went to Cape Cod last August, are going to dinner to celebrate.  Then tomorrow I'll be heading out to Damascus, Pennsylvania for an overnight stay in a cabin with a whole other group of friends.  

I kind of feel like I did when I first was going to P-town.  The guys I'll be meeting tomorrow in the middle of nowhere are mostly new friends...and they're not from bowling.  Two of them are old buddies, Manny and Ozzie, and the rest are from their circle.  Peter is Manny's bestie and he's the one who's hosting the weekend and invited me.  The idea is to enjoy each other's company without the distractions of day to day life.  Nice concept, though a little foreign to me.  

So this should be interesting, and hopefully fun!  And after the morning, I won't be posting again here until Sunday evening.  Enjoy! 

Tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment