Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Song of the Day (And a New Album!) - Love to Love You Baby - Donna Summer


Today is the day Donna Summer fans have been long waiting for.  Love to Love You Donna is a brand new compilation album of some of the icon's best known hits been reworked and remixed by some of today's hottest mixmasters, and it's definitely on my download list for the day.  The album contains a previously unreleased track called La Dolce Vita that Donna recorded with longtime collaborator Giorgio Moroder. You can check out a stream of the tune right here.


I'm looking forward to checking this one out and I only wish I could share one of the new remixes here, but once again, YouTube....grrr!!!!  Anyway, since the album's titled Love to Love You Donna, I figured I'd throw this rare live performance of that tune for you to enjoy.  And afterwards, check out the tracklist of the album below.

  


1. Love To Love You Baby (Giorgio Moroder feat. Chris Cox Remix)
2. Dim All The Lights (Duke Dumont Remix)
3. Hot Stuff (Frankie Knuckles and Eric Kupper as Director’s Cut Signature Mix)
4. I Feel Love (Afrojack Remix)
5. Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger) [Chromeo & Oliver Remix]
6. Sunset People (Hot Chip Dub)
7. Working The Midnight Shift (Holy Ghost! Remix)
8. Bad Girls (Gigamesh Remix)
9. MacArthur Park (Laidback Luke Remix)
10. I Feel Love (Benga Remix)
11. On The Radio (Jacques Greene Remix)
12. Last Dance (Masters at Work Remix Short Version)
13. La Dolce Vita by Donna Summer & Giorgio Moroder (Unreleased Track)

Be sure to check out some pieces I've written on Donna for Yahoo...

Donna Summer: Reigning Disco Queen to Enduring Superstar




No comments:

Post a Comment