Monday, August 13, 2012

I Love the 90's Song of the Day - Come to My Window - Melissa Etheridge


last.fm

I would dial the numbers 
Just to listen to your breath 
I would stand inside my hall 
And hold the hand of death 


You don't know how far I'd go 
To ease this precious ache 
You don't know how much I'd give 
Or how much I can take 

Just to reach you 
Just to reach you 
Oh, to reach you... 

Before this 1994 song of the 1993 album, Yes I Am, Melissa Etheridge was already popular.  Appealing to college kids who were devoted to her unique brand of folksy rock and wonderful songwriting, Melissa was about as popular as one could get outside the mainstream pop music world.  Then this one came along, and sent her star into the stratosphere.

Come to My Window is an absolutely beautifully written and performed tune, and the desperation of the lyrics and the depth of her love is just, well, intense!  Enjoy and Happy Monday!


Come to My Window - Yes I Am


2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard this song since the 90's I bet. Good choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song that made a million gay guys wish they were lesbians...

    ReplyDelete