Thursday, June 6, 2013

Song of the Day - What Now - Rihanna


I've been ignoring this big lump in my throat 
I shouldn't be crying, tears were for the weaker days 
I'm stronger, now what, so I say 
But something's missing 

Whatever it is, it feels like 
It's laughing at me through the glass of a two-sided mirror 
Whatever it is, it's just laughing at me 
And I just wanna scream 
What now? 
I just can't figure it out 
What now? I guess 
I'll just wait it out What now? Whoa, what now?


For these past several months, mostly at school, but not entirely, this has been my theme song.  I dunno, I find myself waking up to it a lot of mornings and though I see the end is near, every day is still a huge mountain to climb. I guess working a lot of hours just to save so I'll be hurting a little less over the summer has made me a little cranky.  I won't go into it all now, but suffice it to say I've got 14 more days to go and then, hopefully, I'll be able to un-stress myself a little.

Anyway, let's get back to the day's song.  Like I said, it definitely speaks for me lately, and I can relate entirely to it, asking the same question at least several times a day.  The song is a nice ballad with piano accompaniment, and you can check out my original review of What Now.  In the meantime, click play and take a listen...


No comments:

Post a Comment