Sunday, September 22, 2013

90 Days to Chilé


Three months from today I will be jetting of to Chilé.  Not since my 2002 and 2004 trips to Italy have I attempted to such a big trip to such a faraway place, and I am now officially starting to get excited.  


Back in 2000, when I quit my job at Citibank, I had made two big decisions in my life: to go back to college and to go to Italy.  Within two years, I had accomplished both tasks.  It was a time of great change in my life and I feel like in the years since, I haven't taken such bold steps again. Now I believe that life is all about taking bold steps and so...

    

Chilé is not a place I ever dreamed I'd visit, and I'm happy to be going there.  I know very little about the place, but I intend to find out more in the next 90 days.  I'll be staying with my pal Jorge and his partner Rodrigo in his home in the El Tabo region of the country.  From what Jorge's told me, he lives near the sea and it'll be summer when I  go so it should be cool!  I'll also be there for both Christmas and New Year's and that should be cool, too!


So stay tuned as I learn more about the country I'll be visiting.  I'm out of time at the moment, so I will catch you next time... 


No comments:

Post a Comment