Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Song of the Day - Let's Have A Kiki"/"Turkey Lurkey Time - Glee Cast


The term 'kiki' hasn't been around all that long, but I've been hearing it a lot lately. Urban Dictionary defines a kiki (according to the one and only Scissor Sisters) as :

a party for calming all your nerves, spilling tea and dishing just desserts one may deserve. And though the sun is rising, few may choose to leave.

Well, though I've heard the word, I never knew the song...that is until I watched a recent episode of Glee.  It was their Thanksgiving episode when Rachel and Kurt decide to enjoy their turkey dinner in their Brooklyn apartment.  Sara Jessica Parker, who plays Kurt's boss, invites all her Vogue queen friends there for a night of kiki with the duo, and Rachel's hunky hot guy, Brody.

The scene starts with Sara Jessica running late and calling her friends to make sure they're gonna be at the kiki (VERY Sex and the City!), and well, you can watch the rest.  I loved this scene so much I watched it twice and I'm about to download the song!  Enjoy!


Let's Have a Kiki / Turkey Lurkey Time (Glee Cast Version) [feat. Sarah Jessica Parker] - Let's Have a Kiki / Turkey Lurkey Time (Glee Cast Version) [feat. Sarah Jessica Parker] - Single


No comments:

Post a Comment