Tuesday, January 1, 2013

John's World Top 30 Dance/Club Songs of 2012, Conclusion: The Top Ten

We've finally come to the top ten in our countdown to my picks for the best dance songs for the year 2012.  Before we get going with the final ten, here's a quick recap of #'s 30-11:

30 - Back in Time - Pitbull
29 - Domino - Jessie J
28 - Turn Me On - David Guetta, featuring Nicki Minaj
27 - Parking Lot - Nelly Furtado
26 - I Wanna See You Dance - Kat DeLuna
25 - We'll Be Coming Back - Calvin Harris, featuring Example
24 - Can't Stop - Martinn Solveig
23 - I Need Your Love - Calvin Harris, featuring Elie Goulding
22 - Titanium - David Guetta, featuring Sia
21 - Goin In - Jennifer Lopez, featuring Flo Rida and Lil John
20 - Gimme All Your Luvin - Madonna, featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.
19 - Birthday Cake - Rihanna
18 - Where Have You Been - Rihanna
17 - Loca People - Sak Noel
16 - Pound the Alarm - Nicki Minaj
15 - Turn Up the Radio - Madonna
14 - Gangnam Style - Psy
13 - Die Young - Ke$ha
12 - Scream and Shout - will.i.am and Britney Spears
11 - Levels - Avicii

And now here's my top ten:

Electronic Music: Martin Solveig – Big In Japan (feat. Dragonette & Idoling!!!)

#10 - Big in Japan - Martin Solveig, featuring Dragonnette

Last night we partied a bit too hard
It's not quite coming back to me so far
I might not have slept but I woke up a superstar
On another side of the world


I keep my head down stay away from the flash
The whole dancefloor is saying I've got to smash
And I don't mind if it's all for the fans
Because the next thing you know I'm big in Japan


Silly....hell yeah, but that's why I like this song so much.  Big beats and big fun!!!!

#9 - Somebody That I Used to Know (Remixes) - Gotye, featuring Kimbra

Yes, this song was one of the sleeper hits of the year on the pop music scene, and a few months into its life, remixes started popping up all over the place, giving it a whole new appeal.  It's hard to pick just one, there are so many, but many of them are great and you can check out this blog post by Pigeons & Planes for a listing of several of them. And be sure to check out the comment section for even more. 



#8 - We Run the Night - Havana Brown, featuring Pitbull

I don't think this song made much headway on the pop charts, but it is fierce!  Only now that I looked up the lyrics, though do I understand what she's singing in the chorus...

We yes, as we run the night
Run em like, rum em run em

Hmmm...lol! Check it out:


Havana Brown - We Run the Night from Silo. on Vimeo.

#7 - I'm Addicted - Madonna

Here's one that many of you probably don't know, but it's one of my favorite dance cuts off of M.D.N.A.  The music track is oh so danceable and I LOVE the M-D-N-A, M-D-N-A's towards the end.  Check out a live performance of the track on John's World.

#6 - Girl Gone Wild - Madonna

Oh my God
I am heartly sorry
For having offended thee

Madonna's opening salvo to M.D.N.A, both the album and the show, is sort of a sequel to her Act of Contrition from the Like a Prayer album and a great segue to a great dance tune.  Check out the sexy video for Girl Gone Wild:


Madonna 'Girls Gone Wild' from Hani AlYousif on Vimeo.


nois3

#5 - Starships - Nicki Minaj

Let's go to the beach, beach, let's go get away...

Once again, I have no idea exactly what this song is all about, but it's maaaadddd fun!  Check out Starships.

#4 - Let's Go - Calvin Harris, featuring Ne-Yo

What can I say?  I love Calvin Harris and I love Ne-Yo!  This one's an awesome, awesome dance floor smash!  Check out this hot, hot song...


Calvin Harris feat. Ne-Yo - Let's Go from HBPMUSIC on Vimeo.

#3 - Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris, featuring Florence Welch

Haha, yet another Calvin Harris track, this time with the unique vocals of Florence Welch.  This one took awhile to grow on me, but grow on me it did!  Love the hot music!  Check out Sweet Nothings.



#2 - Feel So Close - Calvin Harris

Okay, okay, so I really got into Mr. Harris this year, and this one was my favorite!  His own vocals on the track coupled with another awesome track makes my head bop and I feel good all over.  Check it out on John's World.

#1 - Dance Again - Jennifer Lopez, featuring Pitbull

The second J-Lo song to appear on this countdown is also my favorite dance track of the year.  This one recaptures some of that magic of On the Floor, with a hot dance floor vibe.  My favorite line is when she says, I, I, I, I, I love to make love to ya baby... Love it!  Check it out...


Jennifer Lopez - Dance Again ft. Pitbull from Azat Za-Za on Vimeo.

Well there you have it, my top 30 dance/club songs of the year 2012.  I hope you, too, have shaken your booty o some of these tracks during the year.  I know I have!  Stay tuned to John's World for the best in music and here's to a wonderful 2013!

Check out the rest of the posts in this series below, as well as last year's countdown:



2011





1 comment:

  1. Hey, Do you have any idea about best party hotel nyc venue. i am new to NYC and finding it difficult to choose one among so many. I hope to get good suggestions from you.

    ReplyDelete