Tuesday, January 3, 2012

John's World Top 30 Dance/Club Songs of 2011, Part III: The Top 10

Well, after three days we're finally here, at the top ten dance/club songs of 2011, according to John's World. As I went through these ten songs once again, I was reminded of just how good they all are and how much fun I got out of dancing to each of them throughout the year. You know I've got this thing about me that dancing is one of my favorite things to do.



While I'm dancing to a great song, I'm taken away from all of my troubles and I'm really having fun, pure fun. Whether I'm putting out my best moves in my own little world or I'm dancing flirty flirty with someone, I am living life in its purest enjoyment for me and I like to share my love for the music and the dancing in this way. So whereas I don't consider myself too much of a music critic, I do see myself as a music afficionado, a dance music junkie most of all who just happens to like sharing his passion with likeminded people.

So take a look at this experiment of mine, this attempt at a total article previewed right here on my blog. I wrote it much the same as I would have for Yahoo, but only this time I got to add the music to the mix, as well as photos, too. If you've read this far, I would assume that you like dance music as well and I hope that at least some of these songs you can agree with me on. So come and check out my top ten:

#10 - Barbra Streisand - Duck Sauce

Oh, I loved this frenzied song for so many reasons. My pal Dita is the biggest Barbra fan I know, and so there’s the first reason. At Splash, they sometimes play a mash-up of this with Madonna’s “Vogue,” which works perfectly…number two! And of course, the song is just plain silly and just plain fun! Check out the mash-up below...


Barbra Streisand - Barbra Streisand - Single




#9 - Night of Your Life – David Guetta, featuring Jennifer Hudson

David Guetta’s “Nothing but the Beat” is a whole dance party unto itself, with plenty of great songs to jam to, and this was an early favorite of mine from way back in August when it first came out. It's very anthemic and I love dancing to it in the clubs! Check out the original "Song of the Day" post for the tune right here, and you can buy it below.

Night of Your Life (feat. Jennifer Hudson) - Nothing But the Beat


#8 - Stereo Love – Edward Maya, featuring Viki Jigulina

So smooth, so Euro…I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like this song!


Stereo Love - Stereo Love (Remixes)




#7 – Hello – Martin Solvieg

When I first posted this song as “Song of the Day” back in May, I said that it reminded me of something Fatboy Slim used to do. I love everything about this song, the vocals, the music…so good! Check out the John's World "Song of the Day" post for "Hello" right here.

Hello - Hello - Single

#6 - Good Feeling – Flo Rida, featuring Etta James

If you’ve been following me at all this year, then you know how much I love this song. Flo Rida has a certain hip-hop/dance/pop style that works veryy well on the raddio and in dance halls, and this is by far my favorite of his songs. Love the Etta James sample especially…classic! Check it out right here.

Good Feeling - Single - Flo Rida


#5 – Scheibe – Lady Gaga

I don’t speak German, but I can if you like:
Ich schleiban austa be clair
Es kumpent madre monstere,
Aus-be aus-can-be flaugen,
Begun be uske but-bair


This one from Gaga’s “Born This Way” hasn’t been any sort of hit, but it’s very infectious in a technoey way and I have heard it quite often in the clubs. The German words in the song, I am told, are just a bunch of gibberish, which makes it quite funny, too. This one is very techno and very cool!


Born This Way - Lady GaGa


#4 - S&M - Rihanna

Na na na na na, c’mon!

This hard-driving song was another dance floor filler every single time it was played! Check it out on John's World by clicking the pic:


Loud - Rihanna

Source: Idolator

#3 - On the Floor – Jennifer Lopez

Let me introduce you
To my party people…


2011 was a good year for J-Lo, starting with this song. Making use of a sample of “Lambada” in a clever and clubby way, this one filled dance floors whenever it was played…and it still does!


On the Floor (CCW Radio Mix) - On the Floor (Remixes) [feat. Pitbull]


#2 - Till the World Ends – Britney Spears

This one from Britney’s “Femme Fatale” album was one of the best dance anthems of the year. Co-written by Ke$ha, the song is a must for anyone who loves to dance, including me!



Till the World Ends - Femme Fatale (Deluxe Version)


#1 - We Found Love – Rihanna, featuring Calvin Harris

“We Found Love” is just one of those songs that is soooo good! I remember when it was first released, I wasn’t expecting anything new from RiRi, but there it was! Definitely the best dance/club song of the year, so melodic and so danceable!


We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) - We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) - Single


So there you are, my top ten dance/club songs of the year. Feel free to agree or disagree on any of my choices downn in the comment section. As always, thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment