Monday, January 30, 2012

Countdown to Madonna Song of the Day - Thief of Hearts

There are only five more days until the new Madonna era begins and I'm excited! On Friday, February 3rd, Madonna's newest single, her first in a very long time, will be released on iTunes. The song is called "Gimme All Your Luvin" and its got a cheerleader quality to it. The song's been leaked in an earlier form, but that was without the much talked about featured raps from Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. Since the leak (and the subsequent arrest of the leaker!), Madge has had the final version locked in a vault.

Even earlier than the Friday iTunes release of the song, the video for it will premiere on American Idol Thursday night. Woo hoo! Here's a very cool promo shot for the song ("L.U.V. Madonna!"):



Anyway, since it is a special week and I do love Madonna more than anyone else in music, I thought I'd celebrate with some great Madonna songs that you might not know. She's done plenty of great stuff that never made it to radio stations and this is one of my favorites. It's from her fantastic 1992 "Erotica" album and it's got some great lyrics, including a few sarcastically amusing one-liners. I love that era!

"Now stop bitch, and sit your ass down!"



Thief of Hearts - Erotica


Image Source: Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment