Sunday, January 1, 2012

John's World's Top 30 Dance Songs of 2011, Part I: #'s 30 through 21

Happy New Year 2012 to all of my readers and fellow music fans. The following posts are a first for me. They’re something I would normally put out on Yahoo Voices, but since they’re taking so long these days to get things approved and published, I figured I’d try my luck out here. Besides, I can add photos and videos to make them more interesting, and so we shall see how they do on here.

As many of you already know, I love dance music. Ever since I was in my late teens and started going to the clubs, it has almost always been my genre of choice. Though many people go to clubs to meet people, I often go for the love of dancing, and the songs I share here are some of my favorites from the past year.



I’ve done many “Top Ten,” “Top Twenty,” and such lists in many places before. I just had one published on Yahoo that you can see here: The Top Pop Songs of 2011. I originally called it “John’s Top Pop Songs of 2011,” but they made me change it, even though last year’s piece was titled as such. I have another one still in their queue since Wednesday or so (albums) and I’ll share that if and when it finally gets published.

In the meantime, I present, in three installments, my Top 30 Dance Songs of 2011. I’m counting 30 because I wanted to include all of the one’s I really enjoyed this year and that was the closest number. I could have done 40, but that would have been pushing it, and I could have done 20, but then I would have left out some really good ones. So sit back, relax, and take a look and listen at some of the songs many have danced to in 2011. I hope you enjoy, and if you have any suggestions that I may have left out, please leave a comment.

#30 - Beautiful People – Chris Brown, featuring Benny Benassi

Chris Brown’s kind of soft, kind of melodic and very danceable song is one of those tunes that you know, but often you don’t realize you know it.


Beautiful People (Felix Cartal Club Remix) - Beautiful People (feat. Benny Benassi) [Remix] - EP




#29 - One Hot Pleasure – Erika Jayne

I recently featured this one as “Song of the Day.” It’s one of those sexual songs with plenty of raw club energy!

One Hot Pleasure (Original Radio) [Original Radio] - One Hot Pleasure


#28 - Turn Me On – David Guetta, featuring Nicki Minaj

This song off of Guetta’s latest was written by Nicki Minaj and features the rapper actually singing, though her rap part makes the song even better. I haven’t heard this one in the clubs yet, but hopefully soon enough!


Turn Me On (feat. Nicki Minaj) - Nothing But the Beat


#27 - Take Over Control – Afrojack, featuring Ava Simons

This one’s a hypnotic, frenzied, dance floor filler…great fun!


Take Over Control - Take Over Control - Single




#26 - End of Time – Beyonce

Come take my hand
I won't let you go
I'll be your friend
I will love you so deeply
I will be the one to kiss you at night
I will love you until the end of time


Oh, this one should be a single! The song is so inspiring, so beautiful, and so much fun. The deejay upstairs at Ritz loves Beyonce a lot and plays this one almost every week!

Buy it here:
End of Time - 4


#25 - Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) – Pitbull, featuring T-Pain

A great, fun song by Pitbull, with a smooth chorus!


Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) [feat. T-Pain] - Planet Pit (Deluxe Version)


#24 - Waka Waka – Shakira

This one was from the World Cup back in 2010, but I didn’t learn of it until earlier this year. It still gets played in the clubs a lot and its “Song of the Day” post still gets plenty of hits. It’s one of those really great feel good songs I love so much, with a great message and a great sound!


Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) [The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Song] {feat. Freshlyground} - Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) [The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Song] {feat. Freshlyground} - Single


#23 - Tonight I’m Loving You – Enrique Iglesias, featuring Ludacris and DJ Frank E

This one was always a surefire dance floor filler, and I like the dirty version much better than the clean one! It just sounds better…


Tonight (I'm Lovin' You) [feat. Ludacris & DJ Frank E] - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You) [feat. Ludacris & DJ Frank E] - Single




#22 – Superbass – Nicki Minaj

This one is for the boys with the booming system
Top down, AC with the cooling system
When he come up in the club, he be blazin' up
Got stacks on deck like he savin' up


The year 2011 was a coming out party for Nicki Minaj, and this was her first big solo hit that worked really well in the clubs, too!

Check out Superbass on John's World Song of the day from July 15th right here.

Buy it here:
Super Bass - Pink Friday (Deluxe Version)


#21 - Where Them Girls At – David Guetta, featuring Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj

This was one of the lead singles off of “Nothing but the Beat” and it features two of my favorite hip-hop stars. Fun!


Where Them Girls At (feat. Nicki Minaj & Flo Rida) - Nothing But the Beat


Well that's the first part of John's Top 300 Dance/Club Songs of 2011. I hope you've enjoyed these songs as much as I have in the past year. Stay tuned for Part II coming soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment