Thursday, January 19, 2012

Song of the Day - Charity Case - Gnarls Barkley



I don't know what matters to you at this moment
But that's all that matters to me

How are you? (How are you?)

Knock on wood

Well I'm not doin so good


It's been a long time since I've posted a Gnarls Barkley song on here. For some reason nothing's been coming to me lately, so I decided to peruse the library to see if I could find something good for today and when I came across this one, I knew I had one!

And I don't understand how I'm so understandin
I guess that that's all I can be

How are you? (How are you?)

I think I can help

But I can't help myself


I'm sorry, but Cee Lo is way better when he's a part of Gnarls! Though I absolutely loved "F**k You," the rest of Green's solo album didn't do nearly as much for me as either of the Gnarls Barkley records, and this song is a typical example.

Oh can't you see, oh can't you see
If I help somebody, baby there's mercy for me
Ahhh charity!


This song is the first on Gnarls Barkley's second album, "The Odd Couple," and that very hypnotic beat gets you going from the very beginning. And then there are the lyrics...

Now all apologies baby but I'm bleedin too
Are you needin me like I'm needin you
Even my shadow leaves me all alone at night
Guess I need to start to take my own advice


I don't know about you, but there's something just as hypnotic and masterful in the lyrics for me as there is in the music, and this is true of many Gnarls' songs on both this album and the first, "St.Elsewhere." Remember their first hit, "Crazy." The things I say about "Charity Case" all apply to that one, and many others in Gnarls' repertoire.

Oh can't you see, oh can't you see
Somebody's a liar who ever set free what was free
Ahhh charity!


So if you've ever dug the great lyrics and cool melodies and rhythms of a Gnarls Barkley song like "Who's Gonna Save My Soul," "Gone, Daddy, Gone," or "Going On," please check out "Charity Case." You might just become a fan if you aren't already!


Charity Case - The Odd Couple


I do hope they come out with something new soon!

Image Source: nathanieljams

Thanks to: AZ Lyrics


1 comment:

  1. "If you haven't any charity in your heart you have the worst kind of heart trouble" to cure it help people, let's unite for one good cause, be a volunteer"save lives"! mawaddainternationalaid

    ReplyDelete