Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday, January 23rd, 2012 - Odds n Ends

It's Monday night and the first big hump of the week is behind us...and I am pooped from a long day! Today all of the snow that fell on Saturday melted away in warm temperatures and rain, a continuation of this very strange winter we're having. There's not too much going on this Monday, either in the news or in my world, but I did want to follow up on a couple of things...

Big Day at John's World

Earlier today as I checked the stats on this blog, I discovered that the past 24 hours was by far the biggest day for page views that this blog has ever seen. As of about 6PM this evening, John's World had gotten 1,254 hits in the previous 24 hours, and that's pretty exciting! I'm figuring I must be doing something right...I'm just not exactly sure what that is, but I thank you, as always, for your support.

A Comment from a Stranger?

This afternoon I received a notification that I had actually gotten a comment on one of my posts from yesterday. It was my last post from January 22nd in which I mentioned that my friend Dita had told me about my "crooked glasses" in my profile picture, and the anonymous commenter informed me that it was not Dita who first noticed the off-center spectacles. Now I wonder who that could've been? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

R.I.P. Etta James

Finally, here's a belated tribute to the late, great Etta James, who passed away on Friday at the age of 73 years. I'm a little young to have really known much of her music, but as I noted in a previous Song of the Day post, she is sampled in the current Flo Rida smash "Good Feeling," and her vocals are really what make the song. Anyway, here's one of her better known songs, a soulful classic that's been used and sampled all over the place. Enjoy and Rest in Peace Etta!


At Last - At Last! (Remastered)



2 comments:

  1. Inquiring Mind,

    Perhaps it was an "OLD" friend....

    Thank You for remembering Etta James i just love that song...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Inquiring Mind,

    Hmmm, perhaps! Thanks for the comment and you're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete