Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31st, 2012 - Make Someone's Day!


Sometimes even the smallest of kind gestures towards someone in your life can go a long, long way. Take a second today to say hi or give a kind word to someone who you appreciate having in your life, just to let them know you're thinking of them. It just might make their day! Happy Tuesday!

This was a little something I wrote this morning to post on my Facebook page. It was borne out of a realization I had last night after talking to my friend Rich and carried on through during several contacts I had with people afterwards. As I mentioned here on Sunday, I've been feeling like I've been in a funk lately, and even though I know that these lows always eventually run out, when I'm experiencing them it's difficult to imagine how and when it's going to end.

Then, like always, it's something small and sudden that can do it, like one of the gestures I speak of in my Facebook status. A series of small interactions with special people in my life began on Sunday night and by Monday night I felt a lot better. I thought of the Pink song, "Glitter in the Air":

Have you ever hated yourself for staring at the phone?
You're whole life waiting on the ring to prove you're not alone


Living alone can be really tough sometimes. Though I enjoy solitude on occasion, sometimes I hate it, and like everybody else, I sometimes need that phone to ring or that message to come through on Facebook to prove that I'm really not alone. When these things do come, somehow I am always stronger for it, happier. I need it and I think we all do every once in awhile.

So look up and read the quote again. Think of someone in your life who you think might be missing you and give them a call, send them a message, and say hi. I promise it'll go a really long way. You might even just make their day!



Image Source: Heart of a Gypsy


No comments:

Post a Comment