Saturday, January 12, 2013

Music News Bytes: Destiny's Child, Britney and Justin Timberlake Return

Ooh, I love January because during this first month of the year there's always news stories about all of the new music coming out in the next 12 months and over the past week there have been several items to wheyt my appetite.


A Supa Bowl Reunion and then some!

With the news that Beyonce will be releasing at least a new song before her appearance at next month's Super Bowl, even more juicy tidbits have been spreading round the Internet.  Yesterday, the singer announced that she, Kelly Rowland and Michele Williams are putting out a new Destiny's Child album, their first since they parted ways eight years ago.  The new album, Love Songs, will be released January 29, just a few days before the big show.  I'll bet we're gonna see something big on February 3rd.


New Britney for 2013?

I'm seeing so much chatter about new music out there. Glad to see you're all paying attention ;) Lot of work to do in 2013! LETS GO!

That was a post by Britney Spears on Google+ and Twitter the other day.  As was reported earlier in the week, Ms. Spears has decided to leave her gig on Simon Cowell's X-Factor for the upcoming season, fueling speculation that a brand new set from the singer is coming sometime this year.  With that post, La Spears has decidedly confirmed that speculation, though it's much too early for details.  Her last album, Femme Fatale, was a dance floor gem of a record, one of her best ever, so let's hope this next one follows suit.  Stay tuned..

In the meantime, here's I Wanna Go from FF:


Britney Spears - I Wanna Go (Official Music Video) by vjarmanisuits

Justin's Comeback

Just yesterday a long awaited announcement came from Mr. Justin Timberlake, exciting his long-suffering fans who've last had the chance to enjoy his stuff in 2006's Futuresexlovesound.  The former NSYNC member gone solo star gone actor has been very busy with MySpace, getting married, and yes, acting, and yesterday he posted a video on YouTube and his own website talking about well, music:

It (music) means more to me than anyone else in the world. I've only done two albums in ten years, that's the way I look at it. What does the next decade hold for me? As close as I get to it, I don't know that I could physically torture myself that much year in, year out. I don't want to put anything out that isn't something that I love. You just don't get that every day, you have to wait for it.

He finishes the piece with a definitive, I'm ready!  

Word is that Justin will be working once again with rapper/producer extraordinaire Timbaland and there's a possibility of collaborations with both Jay Z and Beyonce.  The singer's site contains a countdown clock which ends at midnight on Sunday, January 13th.  Hmmmm???  Now this is exciting news!



Well pretty exciting,, huh?  Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment