Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Fun Return to Splash

Last night I returned to Splash for the first time in a long time.  It's funny, but in summers past I'd have been there at least ten times by now.  I guess my own clubbing habits were affected by the waning of the legendary club.  But with the announcement of its closing, I just had to get there at least a couple more times.  Though I had said I'd be going on Friday night, I never did make it, but I did last night, and it was just like old times.


I got there around 11 PM, and there was a line.  There had never been much of a line the past few times I'd gone there, so I'm guessing that many others are returning for old times sake.  The crowd inside was buzzing, and DJ Steve Sidewalk had the crowd up and dancing all night.  I always liked it when Steven played...he used to be a staple at Campus Thursdays when I would go every week.  
Anyway, I danced and danced, alone and with others around me, having a good time until my shirt was soaked with sweat and it was time for me to go.  I left kind of early for me...around 2 AM, but I knew I'd be back there at least one last time anyway (mental note: bring extra shirt next time!).  I've had a lot of good times and met a lot of cool people in that place and I'm going to miss it.  

Oh, and by the way, Mr. Sidewalk finally let the cat outta the bag last night, too.  Dougie Meyer, longtime Splash promoter, recently announced that the entire staff of Splash would be moving to a new location immediately after its August 10th closing.  After a few Dougie hints on his Facebook page, I can now say for sure that the "new location" will be XL.  Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment