Thursday, July 25, 2013

Roller Coaster Trip, Part I: Busch Gardens' Verbolten

I promised yesterday that I would be sharing some roller coaster stories from my recent trip to Virginia and I've just published my first two.  The first was one I hadn't done on my Examiner Adventure Parks page and it's an overview of all the great coasters at King's Dominion in Doswell, Virginia.   Here's the link for that and another one for Busch Gardens.  I tell ya, these are two great parks...KD's got a lot of them, a lot more than Busch Gardens, but the Old Country's coasters are all awesome!




The second piece I posted is the first in what I hope to be a new series of articles attempting to give readers a first-hand experience of what it's like to ride some of my favorite coasters.  The first one is on Busch Gardens' Verbolten, which opened last year as a replacement to an old favorite, Big Bad Wolf.  I was very skeptical about this one when I first heard about it.  Ii remember it being described as a "family-type coaster," which it is definitely not!

Verbolten makes great use of that great, great 
last swooping drop as its predecessor:






Verbolten is an awesome ride, and rather than describe it again here, just check out the link in the preceding paragraph to read all about it.  In the meantime, take a ride on it below:






And for old times' sake, here's a ride on the good ole Big Bad Wolf:


Stay tuned for more tales of coasters coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment