Sunday, June 29, 2014

NYC Pride Day Song of the Day - I Am What I Am - Gloria Gaynor

I am what I am
I am my own special creation
So come take a look
Give me the hook or the ovation


Happy Pride Day, New York City!  I've been so busy this past month I haven't had any time to talk about Pride Month, which has seen celebrations all over the country over the past four weeks.  Though I'm seeing that we've gone so mainstream during my lifetime, with gay marriage being legalized seemingly all over the place and acceptance becoming more and more widespread with each year, pride seems to take on a whole new meaning these days.  

This oldie but goodie speaks so perfectly of being who you are no matter what your uniqueness happens to be, and it's a pretty good song, too!  Though I'll be skipping the festivities in the city this year, I'm still with all of the marchers and spectators in spirit.  To them I say enjoy and be safe, and to everyone else within the realm of this blog, be proud of who you are and enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment