Sunday, June 15, 2014

Song of the Day - Dance with My Father - Luther Vandross


sandrachamplain

Back when I was a child
before life removed all the innocence
My father would lift me high
and dance with my mother and me and then
Spin me around till I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he'd carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved

This special Father's Day Song of the Day is for all of the people out there who's only connection to their dad is through memories.  Luther Vandross' beautiful words are ones with which anyone can identify with. No matter what kind of dad (or a mom for that matter) you have, remember that being one doesn't come with a manual to be followed, and so even though they're not always perfect, there is one sure thing we can all bank on, and that is love.

If I could get another chance,
another walk, another dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
How I'd love, love, love
to dance with my father again

This is the fifth Father's Day without my dad and I have several friends who find themselves in the same situation where all they can do today is remember.  So to anyone who celebrates Father's Day simply through memories, this is for you, and for your dads up in Heaven.  Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment