Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer Vacation Has Begun!

Well, today is my official first day of summer vacation, a day I've been waiting for for a long time, and I started off this first real summer vacation with a bang.  You see, a couple of years ago, my pal Laura Kim and I celebrated the end of the school year by spending a night in Cherry Grove, something that I don't get to do too often.  Though we skipped last year, this year had been so long for all of us at school, we decided to return to a new and fun tradition.


We headed out on the 3:30 ferry armed with reservations at the Grove Hotel and a fresh outlook on the summer ahead.  The weather was picture perfect and our moods were decidedly giddy, and the time spent was a much-needed respite from life.  My pal Rich came by and joined us for dinner and cocktails and a great meal, even greater conversation and laughs were had by all.  






The night followed a pre-preview of summer with my pals Terry and Heather on Thursday at Corey Creek Vineyards out east where I work.  I tell ya, it's nice (and necessary!) to take the moments of fun when you can catch em.  I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.  I've got some entertaining to do tonight...




No comments:

Post a Comment