Sunday, October 19, 2014

I think I'm on to something here...

I have no idea where this one's gonna go, but I do know that there are a lot of things going through my head right now and I need to get something, anything, out.  It's Sunday night already, and my one day off is coming to a quick close.  I swear, I think the work week should be the other way around...five days off, two on.  Weekends always go by so fast, and when you work an extra Saturday, well, you seem to have no weekend at all.

I went into today determined to get stuff done.  My house has been a mess lately, laundry needed to get done, and the yard work, oh the yard work that I never seem to get to was on the agenda for my short Sunday, but like every other day in my life, nothing went as planned.  Though I didn't get anything done, actually enjoyed most of how I spent the day,

It started off with an impromptu invite to a brunch this morning and immediately afterwards a friend stopped for what eventually turned into an all day visit.  And so, my laundry sits undone, the vaccuuming and dusting is still in a desperate state and forget about the yard work, much less grocery shopping.  Ugh!!!

All this does is cause me stress over the fact that I've either got to do these things after work in the very little time I have during the weeknights (chuckles to self!) or put it off till next weekend, which I'm sure by then there will be things added to the list, as well as other distractions from doing them. Plus I've got school planning I need to do now, but I'm sort of rebelling against that at the moment to write this post.


The friend with whom I hung out with all day was an old neighborhood pal of mine named Frank. Frank had only recently come back into my life after years of living out of state, and he's one of those friends I never seem to have time to see.  So even though spending a lot of time with him took away time from doing me doing chores, I enjoyed myself,..chores are no fun anyway!

During our conversation, Frank responded to one of my grumblings about the stuff I had to get done by reminding me that I shouldn't worry about them and I should just enjoy the moment.  Gee, why didn't I think of that?  It's exactly what he was doing...enjoying his Sunday with an awesome friend (lol), and so was I.  So why is it that I couldn't then, or even now, hours later, still feel stressed over this pile of stuff at home and at work that I simply can't expect myself to get to entirely?  

Hmmm...I think I'm on to something here...      

1 comment: