Sunday, October 12, 2014

Song of the Day - Lovers Rock - Sade

I am in the wilderness
You are in the music
In the man's car next to me
Somewhere in my sadness
I know, I won't fall apart completely


When I need to be rescued
And I need a place to swim
I have a rock to cling to in the storm
When no one can hear me calling
I have you, I can sing to




And in all this
And in all my life


You are the lovers rock
The rock that I cling to
You're the one
The one, I swim to in a storm
Like a lovers rock



For many people out there, we are in the midst of Columbus Day Weekend, but in my world (and a few others, from what I'm hearing), it's Lover's Weekend.  Yesterday I helped celebrate the nuptials of Daved and Tom and today I head out to yet another wedding celebration for my good friend Linda and her betrothed, John.  Even though I've never been a fan of weddings, these, my second and third (of four!) of the season, have all been great times and I am so happy for each of the couples.  I thought it'd be appropriate to post a beautiful love song in honor of the two happy couples who celebrate their love for one another on this Lover's Weekend, and Sade always kills it!   So, to Daved and Tom and Linda and John, this one's for you...


No comments:

Post a Comment