Sunday, September 30, 2012

P!nk's "The Truth About Love" Track Reviews: "True Love"


There's been a little lull in the P!nk track reviews the past couple of days, and for good reason.  The next song, track #5, is one of my early favorites off The Truth About Love, and I wanted to do something special for this one.

You see, for the past month or so I've been toying around with making silly videos of myself lip-syncing to songs I like, and since YouTube has practically made it impossible for me to post anything new or recent, I decided to make a video of myself, um, doing P!nk's True Love.  That way you can listen to the song as you laugh your ass off and read my take on it.  It's all in good fun and I hope you like it.

True Love features a bridge sung by one of my other favorite female singers, who by coincidence also recently had a little one, Ms. Lily Allen.  Though her part is small, it was very cool that these two know each other and worked together...here's hoping for something new by the Brit very soon.


This song is one of my favorites because it's such a happy and catchy song.  It's even kinda sweet in a P!nk way.  In classic P!nk style, she shows the duality, or really the love/hate feelings, that only come with true love:

Sometimes I hate every single stupid word you say
Sometimes I wanna slap you in your whole face
There's no one quite like you
You push all my buttons down
I know life would suck without you


And next comes the very catchy, and very P!nk-ish, lead-in to the chorus:

At the same time, I wanna hug you
I wanna wrap my hands around your neck
You're an asshole but I love you
And you make me so mad I ask myself
Why I'm still here, or where could I go
You're the only love I've ever known
But I hate you, I really hate you,
So much, I think it must be


True Love is the kind of song you'll like the first time you hear it.  I know I did, and making this video I've probably listened to it at least 100 times already and I'm still not sick of it.  I have no idea whether this one will eventually turn into a single, and of course they'd have to edit it out a bit (and they've done that before, of course), but if they did I'm sure it would do pretty well.

True love, true love
It must be true love
Nothing else can break my heart like
True love, true love,
It must be true love
No one else can break my heart like you

Well, that's all I'm gonna say right now about True Love.  Now click play and try not to laugh too hard.  Comments would very much be appreciated.  And check out the remainder of the lyrics below the vid.
Just once try to wrap your little brain around my feelings
Just once please try not to be so mean
Repeat after me now R-O-M-A-N-C-E-E-E
Come on I'll say it slowly
You can do it babe

At the same time, I wanna hug you
I wanna wrap my hands around your neck
You're an asshole but I love you
And you make me so mad I ask myself
Why I'm still here, or where could I go
You're the only love I've ever known
But I hate you, I really hate you,
So much, I think it must be

True love, true love
It must be true love
Nothing else can break my heart like
True love, true love,
It must be true love
No one else can break my heart like you

(Bridge)

Why do you rub me off the wrong way?
Why do you say the things that you say?
Sometimes I wonder how we ever came to be
But without you I'm incomplete

I think it must be
True love, true love
It must be true love
Nothing else can break my heart like
True love, true love,
It must be true love
No one else can break my heart like you
No one else can break my heart like you (like you)
No one else can break my heart like you

Lyrics from AZLyrics

Check out other The Truth About Love track reviews:

Are We All We Are

Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Try

Just Give Me a Reason

Stay tuned for the rest...

Oh, and in case my video doesn't work or gets taken down for some reason, check out YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, John -- all you need is a little more make-up, the wig, and the heels, and the lashes and the ears and you could have a kiki! Or be a bitchin' drag queen! LOL.

    My favorite tracks so far are Just Give Me a Reason and the title track. Looking forward to your review of that one!

    - Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete