Saturday, September 1, 2012

Song of the Day - Boy - Book of Love

Today is September 1st, Saturday of Labor Day Weekend, the end of summer, the beginning of a new month, a new school year, a new season, and so much more...

Since I'd missed eight or nine days on John's World, the whole I Love the 90's theme had gone by the wayside.  Rather than extending it into September, and belaboring the subject, I figured I'd get a fresh start with the blog and head back into everyday territory.  Of course there'll be some more I Love the 90's stuff, only a little less frequently and certainly not as our everyday Song of the Day.  I've actually missed doing some of today's music and am looking forward to getting back to it again...just not yet, lol.


You see, lately I have decided to explore my own iTunes library more extensively by going through all of the songs in it alphabetically.  One of the bad things about having an iPod and such a vast library is that you tend to overlook songs that you even forgot you had.  By running through the whole alphabet, I get to hear some great old stuff I'd more or less forgotten about.

Boy, by the group Bool of Love, can be considered new wave song, though I never really think of it as such, always having heard it on dance stations and in clubs during the mid-eighties when it was popular.  The song, simply put, is a fast-moving, sexy-funky gem that ya just can't help but move to.  I hope you remember this one and enjoy!


 


Boy - I Touch Roses: The Best of Book of Love


Boy



  • I want to be where the boys are
  • but I'm not allowed
  • I wait outside of the boy's bar
  • I wait for them to all come out
  • I'm not a
  • boy
  • It's not my fault
  • that I'm not a boy
  • it's not my fault
  • I don't have those toys
  • I'm not a
  • boy
  • And now it's alright
  • without those boys
  • I stay at home at night
  • and I play with my toys
  • I'm not a
  • boy

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment