Wednesday, September 26, 2012

P!nk #1 All Over the Place


Well, it looks like a lot of people agree with my assessment of The Truth About Love.  Earlier today, Billboard Magazine reported that the newest album by the one and only Ms. P!nk has debuted at #1 on its Hot 200 Albums Chart.  The record is her very first #1 album (Funhouse peaked at #2), selling 280,000 copies in its first week of release.  The only two albums to sell more copies in their first week this year were Madonna's MDNA and Justin Bieber's Believe.

After just one week, I can already tell that this album will definitely become my pick for #1 of the year 2012, which is a pretty bold statement considering there are still three months left in it and MDNA also came out this year.  Truth is, I just cannot get enough of this one!  When it reaches the end I am every time wanting for more, and all I can do is go right back to the beginning and listen all over again.  The record is that good!

NY Daily News

Before this even happened, the very talented singer-songwriter extraordinaire took to her page to thank fans for their support:

Dudes! Dudettes! 

Seriously, I cannot thank you enough for the insane support and love that you've been throwing at me. It's like you just slapped me across the face with a big love slap and I have hand marks to prove it! 

Thank you for getting the album, for digging it, for watching all the new shows, and for coming to see me on tour - I can't wait to see all of you! I hope you all are feeling happy about the new music. If anyone doesn't like Kanye you should buy two more albums - just kidding :) 
love and bear hugs and big wet kisses xxxxxxxxxxxx 

Awwww!!!!  I'm just loving everything about her, can you tell?  I think she's different from all the rest, never a conformist, never shy, and always spot-on honest and up front.  Not only did she receive big news on the album, but its first single, Blow Me (One Last Kiss) also reached #1 on Billboards Hot 100 this week, making it the singer's 8th chart topper.

So stay tuned for more track reviews of The Truth About Love coming soon, and check out P!nk's performance on The Today Show from last week:





Pick up the digital album of The Truth About Love on iTunes or the CD at Amazon here:


The Truth About Love - P!nk


Here are The Truth About Love track reviews so far:

Are We All We Are

Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Try

Stay tuned for the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment