Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Special Birthday Song of the Day - Like a Virgin - Madonna

Today someone very near and dear to me is celebrating a very special birthday, and though we aren't in touch as much as we used to be, she still occupies a special place in my heart.  I have known my pal Vera for just about 30 years now, and we've had a lot of history together...


Softball on Sunday nights, letting me practice my driving in her car, Friday nights at Spectrum, Joey, laughter, music, Cinderella, concerts, dancing, long, long phone conversations, Sterns, Aruba, Dowling College, family parties, countless fun nights at home with me, her and Joe, birthday parties, salt in a sugar bowl, the city, Broadway shows, more laughter, and a gazillion other things I can't think of right now.  Yes, we've had lots of good times in our thirty years together, and there is one constant who's been there throughout...


I remember way back in 1984-85ish, when Madonna went on the Like a Virgin Tour, her first.  Vera and I wanted to go sooo bad, but back then things were different.  We were young and didn't have the means as we do now to see pretty much anything we want.  Buying tickets was also pretty difficult, and if memory serves, it was Vera's aunt who got her a ticket, and though I was jealous, I was also happy that my friend got to see our favorite star on stage.


Since then, though, we've seen Madge several times together, including the MDNA Tour at Yankee Stadium a little more than a year ago, and there've been countless hours of singing and dancing to everything she's ever put out, from Lucky Star to Gimme All Your Luvin.  So a very happy birthday to you Vea.  I love you!

  


I made it through the wilderness...

No comments:

Post a Comment