Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Post #4: Hello, My Name Is Single

Valentine's Day!  El día de amor!  I feel as if this post is somewhat of a tradition for me and I have to do one, as I've done Valentine's posts every year for three years now, starting with Happy Valentine's Day...Not!  That one started as an angry blurb, because at the time I was cranky about the holiday, but then the following year I took on a more positive approach to the holiday and my experience with being single (see Single Ain't So Bad: Happy Valentine's Day!).


Last year I was somewhat in the middle (see VD Post #3) and this year is kind of the same, only the "maybe next year" from last year's post and all of the (sorry friends!) sickening Facebook posts I've been reading all day have got me a lil cranky about the day.

Oh, look what my boyfriend sent me!

Aw, Happy Valentine's Day lovers!  We're so happy!

Honey, I love you!

Blah, blah, blah!  I'm sorry, but what they say is true about Valentine's Day, that it's been making single people feel like shit since 496 A.D.  I can't think of any other day where anyone could be made to feel worse about being alone than this one.


I have lately been coming to a point in my life where I am starting to think that I may never find another love to call my own.  Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of things I like about being single, but I am not getting any younger and I do want someone special in my life.  Loneliness sucks!  Maybe I'm not wanting anything too serious right now, but I'd love someone with whom I can connect with, share a meal or a movie with once in awhile, and maybe even lounge around the house all day in pajamas with.

Anyway, I realize it's partly my own fault.  I'm way too picky, for one thing, and I don't put myself in enough situations for myself to meet potential suitors.  Looking for love in all the wrong places, lol.  I'm feeling, too, that maybe having too many friends to go out with is sometimes a deterrent to meeting people.  Maybe I need to start going out alone again, who knows?  But I'm not going to say that I'm going to start a quest to find someone for me.  I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, maybe change things up a little, and keep my eyes open...

Someone to Love Me - MJB
  

No comments:

Post a Comment