Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Roller Coaster Road Trip 2014: New States

Well, I am back in our hotel room after the first three, long days of this trip.  So far it's been amazing, exactly what I love to do when I travel.  Though riding roller coasters is the backbone of this trip, it isn't the only thing cool about it.  No, I love visiting new places, checking out all they have to offer and whatever else that fancies me that comes across my path.  That's what life is all about, isn't it?  So far, this trip has been very cool, and I got to spend time in new places...



New States

One thing on my bucket list is to see all fifty states during my lifetime.  So far, I've only seen about eighteen. Now I can add another two to my list.  Well, at least one...

On our last roller coaster road trip in 2010, Rich, Eddie and I actually slept in Kentucky... Covington more precisely...but that was just because it was across the river from Cincinnati, the place where we were really spending our time. For this trip, Louisville is our first destination, our first home base, and so now I can say with honesty that I now know a little more about the place than I did before.

A view from the highway in Louisville, KY

Kentucky, and Louisville itself, is absolutely beautiful and not what I expected it to be (more on that another time!).  With shopping malls, busy thoroughfares, and lots of Mickey D's, the place rings quite familiar, though the people here seem much, much nicer!  So far, the three of us have spent time in Louisville's dining district, crossed the Four Bridges Bridge, and visited Kentucky Kingdom and The Highlands, a very cool Bohemian neighborhood on the outskirts of the city.

Welcome to Indiana

Yesterday, we went to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana.  (Yes, there's a town actually called Santa Claus. Who knew, right?)  Though we only crossed the southeastern portion of the state, it was yet another state ticked off in my list. We crossed a time zone, too, there for a couple of hours. Indianans, much like their neighbors to the east, are very friendly, almost always giving smiles and saying hello, something that we New Yorkers are not used to.

Anyway, check out some Louisville scenery and stay tuned for more from our Roller Coaster Road Trip 2014...









No comments:

Post a Comment