Saturday, August 16, 2014

P-Town: The Sequel - Wahhhhh!!!

I haven't spent nearly the same amount of time this trip to P-Town blogging, and that's for good reason.  First of all, since I've been here before, there's not so much that's new to talk about.  I already saw all of the sights around town last time...the Tower, the beach, the art galleries and shops, so this trip's been pretty much all about just hanging out and partying, at least the first part of the week.  No drama (well, maybe a lil, but what happens in P-Town...), no fuss, no muss!

Wahhhhh!!!!!  

I sit here all alone at the moment, on my last night here, on our patio, blogging, while everyone else that's left up here is out partying...and I'm a little cranky.  This week has only really been a half a week for me and thus the reason for my sitting here...and my mood.

It all started last Sunday, the morning of our venture up here to P-Town, when I took a nasty fall down the 13 stairs in my house.  It was my own fault.  I was wearing not very traction-y flip flops and I tried carrying down my heavy duffle bag.  As soon as I went to pick it up...boom!  My feet went out from under me and down I went.  My pal Blanchie was in my kitchen when it happened and all he could see from there was the banister moving back and forth as I tried to break my fall like Aunt Bunny (take a look below and beware, it's a lil explicit!).  Not pretty!  Needless to say, I've been in muscle pain ever since.


To top that off, sometime on Wednesday evening I came down with some sort of stomach bug, which still lingers.  I spent most of the night vomiting and in pain.  It was horrible!  And that was after a day of rain!  I slept almost all but about two hours throughout the day as my housemates went about their revelry.  UGH!

I feel like I lost so much of my precious time I've had here sleeping it off, and I was hoping to get at least some fun and revelry in today...I felt better at about 4 a.m., but alas my partying lasted only about as long as Tea. Tonight the queasiness came back and here I sit.  Grrrr!!!  But I'm not bitter!

Oh My God!!!

Tomorrow We Sail

I guess part of the reason for my crankiness, and possibly the lingering queasiness, is the fact that tomorrow morning I will be joining some friends on a 24 hour sail to Acadia National Park in Maine.  Sounds exciting, right?  Well, that's why I originally said yes, in addition to the fact that an adult is needed for this very long ride through the Gulf of Maine, but I am also scared out of my wits!

I've never been on such a long sail before and from what I'm hearing we'll be between 50 and 80 miles offshore throughout the night.  Scare-freaking-ry!  In fact, as I laid in bed sick the other night, I couldn't get images of rolling up and down high waves out of my head.  I'm sure this will be an adventure, but I can't wait to get to the end of this trip!

So I may try and stick in a Song of the Day post tomorrow before I take off.  Otherwise I won't have my laptop with me for the remainder of the trip, but I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about it when I get back.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment