Sunday, August 24, 2014

Song of the Day - Unspeakable Joy - Kim English

When I wake up in the mornin' gets me outta bed
Keeps me runnin' skippin' jumpin' like a little kid
You know sometimes I can hardly keep it inside
It overtakes me, overwhelms me and I'm more alive


Joy, unspeakable joy
'Cause they did not give it, they cannot take it away
Joy, unspeakable joy
As they did not give it, they cannot take it away


Last night I went to Cherry Grove with a bunch of friends and had a blast.  As with any evening out in a club setting, the music sometimes makes the night, and last night the deejay was on fire!  She played all sorts of great stuff...a lot of 90's dance club hits, a lot of Madonna (unusual choices, too!), and nice choices from today's scene, too.  Here's one I hadn't heard in a long, long time.  It's from a singer named Kim English and it was THE dance floor anthem of 1999...

No comments:

Post a Comment