Monday, October 31, 2011

A Halloween Song of the Day Finale - Time Warp - Rocky Horror Picture Show


Source: myLot Photos

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely

Not for very much longer

I've got to keep control


And that's how we get this party started! You can say what you want about Halloween songs..."'Thriller' is da bomb!," "'Ghostbusters' rocks!," "'Monster Mash' rules!," but this one is my absolute favorite song for this holiday.

I remember doing the Time Warp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me

And the void would be calling

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN
LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN


Oh yeah,

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the riiigghhhttt
Put your hands on your hips
And bring your knees in tiiigghhhttt
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insa-a-a-a-a-ane

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN
LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN


If you don't know this already, it's quite easy and quite fun. The number comes during the party sequence of the Rocky Horror film and is led by RiffRaff, a sort of Igor character, and his friend Magenta, an evil singing nurse. A narrator helps us along with the steps and the rest of the crew joins in on the fun.

There are more lyrics to the song, of course, but I'll just let you enjoy the scene in the video. My only problem with the whole thing is that it's just too damn short! I used to play it every once in awhile when I deejayed and the crowds always loved it, and of course I played it multiple times at Halloween parties. Good times!

Now you give it a try....

It's just a jump to the left...


Time Warp - The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment