Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October 26th, 2011 - Writing Wednesday; Walmartian of the Week

Boy, Wednesday seems to come around faster and faster, doesn’t it? I’m trying ever so hard to stick to some kind of schedule with my writing, and Writing Wednesdays is one easy way for me to do so, as long as I do it! I seem to be following a regular schedule, too, with updated posts every other day or so. It’s funny, and par for the course, that this is my favorite place to write yet it’s the one place where I earn the least amount of money. Oh, well, there’s gotta be a way…

Writing Wednesdays

Writing has been getting very frustrating for me these days. I’m definitely spread too thin and because of it I haven’t been writing as much as I can, nor about the things I want to write about. Gather is proving to be the most lucrative of the sites I write for, but Examiner can be lucrative, as well. The tough part about Gather is that they have an eight article minimum each month and so there’s always pressure to get to the eight. I penned four this week:


Source: InnTheBasement

Gather

Mary J Blige is back with “My Life II…The Journey Continues”

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m a big MJB fan and I am really looking forward to this one! It’s actually a sequel to her 1994 sophomore record, “My Life,” and it’s supposed to be a little bit of the old, hip-hop Mary mixed with some of the newer, happier and wiser Mary. This should be good!


Source: DisneyDreaming

Kelly Clarkson and Coldplay this week’s hottest new releases

My semi-weekly series on the newest CD’s to hit the market each week features two highly anticipated albums, one I’m gonna buy and one I’m probably not. Can you guess which is which?


Source: U.S. Rent a Car

Universal’s “Dragon’s Challenge” changes its ride

Universal Studios Islands of Adventure in Orlando has changed the way it operates its “Dragons Challenge” roller coaster after two incidents over the summer. I’ve ridden these twin coasters and they were awesome, but they’re not going to be quite as awesome anymore.


Source: LA Times

Record-breaking roller coaster to debut at Port Aventura in 2012

Another new coaster for 2012 was announced, only this time it’s located in Spain’s Port Aventura amusement park. Too bad, it sounds cool!

There have been no articles on either Y!CN or Examiner in the past week. It’s kind of sad to me, but Y!CN was always my favorite place to write until recently, and where I was once earning up to $100 per month, it has now whittled down to a measly $10-15. I guess I was one of the many writers who fell through the cracks after Yahoo took over. I still plan to stick with them, but obviously for the time being it’s got to be minimal, which is a shame.

I actually penned four other pieces which are all unfinished at this point, two each for Y!CN and this blog. I agonized over each of them and I’m still not sure whether or not I will finish and publish them. We’ll see…

Walmartian of the Week


Ain't she purdy?

Well, that's all she wrote for this evening! Thanks for reading and have a great Thursday!

American Greetings Free Trial

4 comments:

  1. I'm guessing Kelly Clarkson! Tell me I'm right, lol.

    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you didn't post your usual Fattie for the Walmartian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly Clarkson! ....and to anonymous, all I can say is that not just fatties go to Walmart, but a lot of them do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you mostly post fatties,it's offense so give it a rest......

    ReplyDelete