Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Song of the Day Special - Titanium - David Guetta feat. Sia / MJB



"Titanium" is by far one of the best tunes on David Guetta's latest, "Nothing But the Beat," and it's finally begun to take off. I featured it as a "Song of the Day" a few weeks back, but now there is a video for the song that you can see below. Neither Guetta or Sia, who I'm starting to learn is uber talented, appear in the short, which I don't quite get. All I can say is interesting and anyway the song is great.

Please take a listen below for another version of the song that was recorded ahead of the album's release, but left out in favor of Sia's version. The vocals are by none other than Mary J Blige, and it's pretty interesting to hear how she sounds singing it. Guetta gave her voice a metallic sound which is very different than anything she's ever done. When I had heard Mary had done a version of the song I was hoping that it would be that one that would make the final cut, but I really didn't know Sia back then. In retrospect, Guetta made the right choice!


Titanium (feat. Sia) - Nothing But the Beat (Deluxe Version)




Here's Mary's version:






Image Sources:

musicboxmix

thatgrapejuice

No comments:

Post a Comment