Monday, May 20, 2013

Music News Bytes: BMA Winners: Gaga/Cher Song May Not Make the Final Cut; A New Janet Album?

Okay, so I still haven't had time to watch the Billboard Music Awards, which took place on Sunday night in Las Vegas, and so I won't comment on the show itself, but I figured I'd follow up on Saturday's post to see how I fared with my predictions, and hey, am I good or what?


theboot

Artist of the Year 

My pick: Taylor Swift

My prediction: Swift (or Justin Bieber)

Hot 100 Song

My pick: Somebody That I Used to Know - Gotye

My prediction: Somebody That I Used to Know - Gotye

Top Billboard 200 Album

My pick: Babel - Mumford and Sons

My prediction: Red - Taylor Swift

Top Duo or Group

My pick: One Direction

My prediction: One Direction

Top New Artist

My pick: One Direction

My prediction: One Direction

To see the full list of winners from last night's show, check out Billboard.


propagaga

Gaga Track may not make the final cut of Cher's new album

Yes, apparently Cher's new album is all finished being recorded, and the finishing touches and final decisions have yet to be made.  The legendary singer was interviewed on 20/20 Saturday night and during the discussion, she revealed that the song she recorded with Lady Gaga, The Greatest Thing, may not make it to the final version of the album.  The blog propagaga quoted the diva as saying "There is a track with Lady Gaga, but it's very on the line right now...she may not want to be on the album.

So what does that mean?  I guess we'll have to stay tuned to this one to find out more.  In the meantime the album, which was originally slated to be released last March, isn't due out now until September.

Miss Janet Conceptualizing New Album

Janet Jackson hasn't released a new studio album in a long, long time, and she told Billboard recently that her and her team are "creating the concept and initial thoughts on the music" and that she's "excited about the direction that we’re taking.”  This is good news indeed!  

Miss Janet recently celebrated the 20 year anniversary of her dynamite fifth album, janet on May 18th.  Look for a special tribute to that great one in the upcoming days... 



No comments:

Post a Comment