Friday, August 16, 2013

P-town Song of the Day - Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Diana Ross



If you need me, call me
No matter where you are
No matter how far
Just call my name
I'll be there in a hurry
On that you can depend and never worry

Ooh, they don't write songs like that anymore, do they?  Yesterday's tea was called Solid Gold, and lots of people had on their boogie shoes and got down to the likes of Thelma Houston, Earth, Wind and Fire, the Bee Gees, and this one, by Miss Ross.

No wind, no rain
Or winter's cold
Can stop me babe, baby
If you're my goal
Ah, no wind, no rain
Can stop me babe
If you wanna go....

Elder Eric was on fire yesterday afternoon, and with a few Planter's punches in him he had us all laughing, making new friends, singing and whooping it up.   That boy sure knows how to spread joy, if you can imagine, hehe.  Anyway, Mr. Show Tunes himself was quite impressed when I recognized this song from the opening bars and then went on to sing every word.  I guess Diana's music can be culled the show tune variety, at least lyrically they'd qualify, but you all know how I love her anyway...

Ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no river wide enough
Ain't no valley low enough
To keep me from you

So I think this may be my only post for the day.  Today is our last day here in P-town and I want to get off to an early start for a change.  Happy Friday everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment