Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Thanks: Music

One of the greatest gifts any of us have in life is the gift of music.  Music  does so many things for us each and every day...it makes us happy, giddy and smile...it comforts us when we're sad....it conjures up memories, good and bad, just like a picture.


Like many people, I can say in all honesty that music is my life!  Any of you who've followed me through the years already know that.  So this Thanksgiving Eve, I give thanks for the music, all kinds of music, for without it life would be pretty dull.  Here are some of my all time favorite songs...

Glitter in the Air - P!nk

One of the most beautiful performances of one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded!  This one brings back memories of Sundays whenever I hear it...



Dog Days Are Over - Florence + the Machine

Oh, this one is such fun!  I love any song with a good crescendo, and this one's got several goosebump-inducing ones.  This reminds me of that Brazilian guy I met at Splash one night a couple of years ago.  We rocked out to this song in the car on the ride to The Ritz.  So much fun!  Love the video, too!




Let Me Think About It - Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand

My all time favorite dance track gets me and just about anyone else going every single time!



Calma e Sangre Freddo - Luca Dirisio

Most of you probably don't know this one...it's a song by Italian singer Luca Dirisio, who I used to be in love with.  I first came across it when I was in Italy about ten years ago when it was on heavy rotation on MTV Europe.  So beautiful!  And the song is good, too!



Romeo - Basement Jaxx

Since I'm on the topic of foreign songs, this one came up in my head.  Basement Jaxx used to be a popular production act, with several hit songs on the dance charts.  This one's so infectuous and dancey, and the Bollywood-themed video is da bomb!


Kind and Generous - Natalie Merchant

Ah, one of my favorite ballads of all time is perfect for Thanksgiving time or any other time of the year!


So yeah, I am very thankful for music this and every year.  It's the soundtrack to all of our lives, yet different for each of us.  I could have put so many other songs on here, but I think it's a nice, albeit tiny, cross-section of the Soundtrack of My Life.  Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment