Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Thanks to a Family of Friends



By this time last year I had already posted 25 things I was thankful for.  This year...zilch!  But that's all about to change now.  It's Thanksgiving Week, after all, my favorite holiday, and even though I've been away from my PC too long this month to do what I did last year, that doesn't mean I'm any less thankful this year than last.

A little more than six years ago, my life took a drastic change and I didn't really know what would come of my life.  I'd never lived alone before and I was unsure of what I even wanted for my life.  But I'm happy to say that I can take a step backwards, look at what my life's become and be satisfied with the life I've made for myself.

During these past six years, I've forged friendships with many good people, all of whom I proudly call members of my own chosen family, and I got to experience the magnitude of the people who've touched my life these past six years just the other night when I threw a "5 birthday extravaganza" at my house.


You see, I have three good friends who all have birthdays close to my own, Rich on the 26th, Kyle the 27th, and Sean on the 28th (I'm the 30th).  Sean threw a party last year and since he's got a big trip coming up, I offered to host the party this year, and what a party it was!

    Now that's what I call

FRIENDS             


All I can say is that I had about 30 people at my house and all of them were smiling and drinking and laughing and chatting and eating and having a good time the whole night long.  It was simply a night of enjoying one another's company, and the love fest began the night previous, when Rich, Bobby, Ray and Kyle came by to help slice and chop and vacuum and dust.  I was feeling the love throughout and I am so grateful that I've gotten to know so many good people in such a way.

So thank you Rich and Bobby, Kyle, Sean and Gary, Eric and Rick, Steve and Jim, Ozzie, Manny, Peter and Ricardo, JC, Al and Eric, Michael and Ray, Sean and Leo, Tom and Daved,  and all the rest, the ones who made it and the ones who didn't.  I'm lucky to know you all!

The Birthday Boys, Rich, me, Sean, Kyle and Tom

Sean

Ray, Michael and Ozzie

Me and Ricardo

Me and Michael

Sean and Al


True Love

Keyth, Bobby and Sean

Consuela doing the dishes


Eric n Sean

Steve, Rick, Jim and Eric


Bottoms up


Kyle

Gary and Eric

Me and Oz




No comments:

Post a Comment