Saturday, November 30, 2013

My Birthday Song of the Day - I Was Here - Beyoncé



I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that, meant something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget


Today is my birthday and I so wanted to put up Katy Perry's Birthday as my Song of the Day, but alas, it wasn't available.  Then I thought about Madonna's Birthday Song and Rihanna's Birthday Cake, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Then I looked through my All Time Favorite Songs playlist in my iTunes and I found this, the perfect song for me.

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here


Beyoncé's I Was Here speaks for me so perfectly and so eloquently, and it turns out to be a much better choice for me than those other songs at this point and time.  Like with any other birthday, I am feeling a bit melancholy, a bit reflective, and proud, as well.  Though of course I have regrets in life, I am generally proud of how I've lived it, just like in the song:

I want to say I lived each day, until I died
And know that I meant something in, somebody's life
The hearts I have touched, will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference, and this world will see


I just want them to know
That I gave my all, did my best
Brought someone some happiness
Left this world a little better just because
I was here



So to all of my friends who've already left me well wishes for my day, and the ones who have yet to, I say thank you.  Hopefully I have made a difference in your life, because you've all made a difference in mine!


I Was Here BMF by BlakMusicFirst


No comments:

Post a Comment