Saturday, December 7, 2013

Back in the NY Groove

It has been waaaay too long!

For the past I don't know how many months I've stayed on Long Island Saturday nights.  I've stopped dancing.  I've stopped being adventurous.  It hasn't been making me feel so good about myself.  Almost every week for the past several weeks I've been saying that I was going to go back into the city, but each week I've found a reason to stay on L.I.

Gosh, for years I went into the city clubbing week after week after week, and I almost always had the time of my life.  Eventually though, with the opening of XL and then the closing of Splash, my visits to NYC have waned.  I'm glad we've got Nuts n Bolts out here, but it's nothing in comparison to a city club.

Out here, the people are the same, there's really no dancing, and it's easy to get bored with it each and every week.  In the city it doesn't matter who you know.  Anonymity makes it easy to be yourself, and I find it so easy to let loose when I have no one around me, judging me.  At least that doesn't make me uncomfortable.


So tonight, I am returning to the city.  My first destination is XL Nightclub and then perhaps The Ritz, where I haven't been since last spring.  I can't wait to be out there on the dance floor!

   
Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It by dunyaerk

No comments:

Post a Comment