Tuesday, December 17, 2013

KISS Headed to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

When I saw Paul Stanley's name at the top of the trending list on Yahoo a little while ago, of course I had to check.  I hoped with the greatest of hope that nothing bad happened to him, but I also noticed that the band KISS was at number four on the same trending list, so thinking it was a good sign I clicked it.  Indeed, it was good news.


KISS are amongst next year's inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  Joining my sentimental favorite rockers in next year's Hall of Fame induction will be Nirvana, Hall & Oates, Peter Gabriel, Linda Ronstadt and Cat Stevens, an impressive group of worthy music makers.

As some of my readers may know, I was a huge KISS fan back in my early to mid teens and I've caught and enjoyed their shows many times over the years.  Believe me, there is nothing like a KISS concert!  Though I may not be into that type of music these days, every once in awhile I do enjoy myself a lil KISS.

The Hottest Band in the Land was not always recognized as a serious band compared to the likes of Led Zeppelin, Queen or many of the other rock and roll bands borne out of the 70's.  The makeup and stage gimmicks, I believe, took away from critics' reception of their music, but they've proved their staying power backed by their legions of fans known as the KISS Army, who enjoy the makeup and all that, but also the music.

Here's one of their biggest commercial hits, the disco-fied (and bemoaned by KISS fans at the time) I Was Made for Loving You:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment