Sunday, January 5, 2014

Back to Life...Ah, Chile!

Well, it's been a long, lazy weekend after returning from Chile and it's back to work for me tomorrow.  Sigh! I've been wanting to write at least a little about my trip, but I just haven't had the time, but stay tuned, for sure.



Chile was an adventure.  No, not like a movie-type adventure with exciting twists and turns, but it wasn't your ordinary vacation either.  I got to learn all about a whole other culture than the one I or many of my fellow Americans are familiar with, and it was fascinating.


I got to see the most spectacular of places, with picturesque vistas, beautiful lakes, regal mountains, and fields and fields of open space where cows or horses would laze the day away.  I tasted the food, met some very special people in spoke a foreign language, I interacted with the droves and droves of homeless dogs that sadly dot the landscape, and I witnessed a forest fire up close, and I loved every moment.



Stay tuned to this blog and my Yahoo page for stories and pictures that will warm your heart, inspire your sense of adventure, and fill you with empathy for a population of homeless canines whose blight is probably little known in places outside of this special country.  Stay tuned to learn more about the beautiful, unique, surprising, and proud country called Chile...


No comments:

Post a Comment