Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Song of the Day - Rehab - Amy Winehouse


Happy Mother's Day!

I know, I know, this isn't exactly the right song to express love and appreciation for anyone's mom, but mine is different. For a few years, she, my dad, my sister, her buddy and I used to go to Atlantic City a few times a year, and I always did the driving. As music is everything to me, I can be a little selfish when it comes to the music in the car, and I often forced everyone to listen to my music.

Not everybody always minded, though. My sister Ann Marie and her friend Rhianna liked some of what I played (especially Rupaul, lol!). Anyway, a couple of years back, when Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" was hot, I put it on thinking that my maybe mom would appreciate the vintage, yet modern feel to her music and boy I was right.

To this day whenever we're in the car together I point my iPod to Amy's folder and 'Rehab' is the first song on the list. It's one of mom's favorites.

So this is for you mom, my Mother's Day "Song of the Day." Enjoy!


Amy Winehouse - Rehab by yafs1925
Rehab - Back to Black



No comments:

Post a Comment