Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Song of the Day - Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon"


A short while ago I published my latest Pop News Weekly and when I was going over the week's charts I noticed that Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' was the 3rd highest downloaded album today. The sight of it struck me odd because it's an album from the 70's. Then I also saw that the Gleesters had a song on the top ten list, called 'Go Your Own Way.' Hmmmm

I also remember that when I did my New Music for May piece that Stevie Nicks' new album came out yesterday. Again, hmmmm...coincidence? I'm sure these things were all planned to get the biggest bang out of everyone's buck. Anyway, being that I've put a Kylie song up for the past three days and I haven't done too much rock and roll lately, I decided to search out a good Fleetwood Mac song. I love Fleetwood Mac and I love Stevie Nicks (Shout out to my pal Eddie...she's his diva!), so they're very deserving of a shout out today.



I didn't want to do 'Go Your Own Way' simply because it's not my favorite, though it is a very good song. I went to YouTube and searched for Fleetwood Mac videos and I came across this one, one of my favorites. My sister's best friend was named after this song and it's classic Mac, with dark, methodical tones and an irresistibly catchy chorus. This performance of 'Rhiannon' is from an old TV show that I remember from when I was young. It was a late Saturday night music show called "The Midnight Special," and they always had cool performances from the day's music scene, just like this one...


Greatest Hits - Fleetwood Mac


No comments:

Post a Comment