Thursday, May 19, 2011

Song of the Day - Vacation - The GoGo's


Every once in awhile I pop in some oldies to enjoy and today I went to my GoGo's/Belinda Carlisle folder. I remember when the Gogo's first came out with their song 'Our Lips Are Sealed.' You can imagine the juvenile jokes that were told about that one when I was still in high school. Anyway, the GoGo's were very cool, and I played out their 'Beauty and the Beat' album like mad.



When the GoGo's broke up (the first time), I was devastated, but soon enough a couple of the girls started making their own records. Jane Wiedlin had a song that I loved called 'Rush Hour,' and of course Belinda Carlisle went on to make several good albums. Joe and I really loved her and we even saw her once at Jones Beach, but it was one of the most boring concerts I've eveer seen. Too, bad, cause I still love her music!



This one, of course, is off the GoGo's second album by the same name. It's as catchy and fun as the stuff on their first record and since it's been such a crappy week, dreaming of a nice 'Vacation' is appropriate. So relive the experience of the GoGo's with 'Vacation.' Enjoy!


The Go-Go's - Vacation by EMI_Music
Vacation - The Go-Go's



No comments:

Post a Comment