Friday, May 20, 2011

Z is for Zunga Zeng

We begin the Z-A Blogger's Challenge with my own little spin. I'm doing this one with a sub-theme: music, of course! I'm going to begin my way backwards through the alphabet posting items related to music that I like, music that I listen to. The letters will relate to songs, artists, genres, and pretty much anything that could have to do with my favorite thing in life. The posts will be easier to do, since they'll be shorter and besides, my music posts are amongst the most popular on this blog. No worries, though, I'll still be posting other stuff, too, like my "Song of the Day," (almost)daily journals, and whatever else tickles my fancy. So let's begin the Z-A Blogger's Challenge:



Z is for Zunga Zeng

What the heck is 'Zunga Zeng?' you ask. Well it's the name of a song, of course! 'Zunga Zeng' is a 1993 rap/dance tune by the former TKA singer known as
K7. Now TKA was a very popular freestyle group during the 1980's and soon after the movement had ebbed, the band sort of disappeared. In the early 90's the dance/rap movement began and K7 put out a solo album that was full of these kinds of songs.

The album, 'Swing, Batta, Swing' had three singles, 'Come, Baby, Come' (the biggest of the three), 'Hi De Ho' (which was featured in the Jim Carey movie 'Mask'), and this one. I have no idea what the heck zunga zeng means...gibberish obviously, but the song is smokin'. Take a look and a listen, and holla if ya like it!


Swing Batta Swing! - K7



No comments:

Post a Comment