Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Song of the Day - Dragostea Din Tei - Ozone


I'm definitely on a Euro kick this week. The last couple of songs have all made me think of others and so I'm officially declaring this "Euro Week" on John's World: five, maybe six days of fun Euro beats. (They've inspired Britney on her new CD and some of it is hot right now, so why not?)

Today, I thought I'd share one that's real Euro, and by that I mean a Euro sound only in a whole different language! This one's sung in Romanian by a boy band from Moldavia (I know, where exactly is that?), and many of you may know it. I first heard it during a trip to Italy where it was popular and I loved it. Later on a couple of my European students were playing it on their radios and I remembered it. Even without knowing what the heck they're saying, this one is very catchy, especially the "nu ma nu ma ye" part of the chorus.

So check out O-Zone's 'Dragonsta din Tei' and enjoy Day 3 of John's World "Euro Week":


Dragostea Din Tei - DiscO-Zone


The song wasn't a big hit on the charts here, but it went literally viral over the Internet and there are many vids on YouTube of people singing along to it. Here's one of the more well known:




No comments:

Post a Comment