Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Non-Writing Wednesday

I was talking to my pal Rich earlier and he asked me why I haven't been writing in my blog.  Well, I have posted a couple of things here and there, which I did mention.

"Oh, not that music crap!" was his response.

Well, no, Mr.Dit is not up nor does he care to be up on music, especially when I talk about the Spice Girls, Nelly Furtado or The Wanted.  He, like many other people in my life, likes the juicier, personal stuff I put on here occasionally, as well as some other things.  Come to think of it, I'm guessing that there are a lot more people in my life now, and from my past, who check in on this blog from time to time just to see what's up in John's World.  Who knows, maybe I've disappointed them in the past week or so, too.

It's not that I don't like to give them what they like to read, but I just haven't been in a writing way lately, which is disappointing because now is the time that I have time to write.  The stuff I've been doing lately has not been at all creative, but kind of boring stuff and there hasn't been much out there to inspire me.  After a great Friday and Saturday, it's all been kind of hectic and busy.  Monday's weather was crappy for most of it and I had a lot of errands to do...and I started tutoring yesterday...today, the yard!

This is the first summer I will be working very little and being able to get by...at least I hope!  I've taken a few tutoring gigs, which earn me more money than when I was Johnny Driver and with way less hours.  That means more free time for Weezie, but not just yet.  It's only been three days of vacation and I'm trying to settle into a new groove, so if anybody else out there is missing my writing, I'll be back...


P.S. - Other than what you've seen on this blog, I did post my weekly Weekend on Long Island roundup.  You can check it out here.  And here's a picture I did NOT want to post, but since I haven't given much to read, well....  :-P


The water was cold!







Reader's Digest Store

No comments:

Post a Comment